Sunday, August 23, 2009

WE'RE HERE!



Saturday evening, Amy, the boys and I crossed Puget Sound into Bremerton. Hip hip hooray! It's still hard for me to believe, but the Brown family (minus Tom, of course) is on the other side of the country.

We settled into our home for the time being--the Navy Lodge--and we'll begin the hunt for a house right away. We spent today driving around and checking out the neighborhoods around the naval base, and just seeing the sites we'll get to enjoy for the next couple years. It's really very pretty, and the salt water smell in the air is perfect for this Navy family.

The sad news is that Amy has to leave us tomorrow. We wish she could stay with us, but in addition to being Aunt Extraordinaire, she is also Geography Teacher Extraordinaire. She has to get ready for her upcoming school year. That means I'm on my own. Yikes!

1 comment:

amy said...

Wow! I just finished reading about our trip! I can't believe we actually made it happen, Jess. After all that time in the van together, I am having daily withdrawals from you and the boys! So glad you found a great home so quickly. I hope to come visit.
Love,
Aunt Amy